180° Excavator Training
Who should take this course:
Anyone required to operate 180 Degree Excavators above 5 tonnes.
On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
– State the names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
– Use the operator’s handbook and other relevant information.
– Complete pre-use and running checks.
– Set the excavator for site and road travel.
– Travel over different terrain including rough, undulating ground and substantial inclines.
– Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
– Set the machine to excavate.
– Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground types.
– Place soil into various sizes of vehicles/hoppers.
– Grade, spread and level differing types of materials.
– Remove and re-attach buckets.
– Place the excavator in an out of service condition.
– Explain the loading and unload procedures in and off a transporter.