Dump Truck (Forward Tipping, Wheeled & Tracked) Training
Who should take this course:
Anyone required to operate a dump truck.
On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
– State the names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
– Use the operator’s handbook and other relevant information.
– Complete pre-use, start and running checks and close down procedures.
– Prepare the dumper for site and road travel.
– Travel the dumper over different terrain including rough and undulating ground.
– Travel the dumper over different terrain while loaded and unloaded.
– Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
– Manoeuvre into confined spaces in a forward and reverse direction.
– Position the dumper to receive loads.
– State the loading procedures.
– Identify load characteristics, integrity and security.
– Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
– Place the dumper in an out of service condition.
– State the load and unload procedures on and off a transporter.