Reach Truck Training
Who should take this course:
Anyone required to operate a reach truck.
On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
– State the names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
– Use the operator’s handbook and other relevant information.
– Complete pre use and running checks.
– Configure the truck for travel.
– Travel over rough and undulating terrain including a substantial incline.
– Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction with and without a load.
– Set up the truck to lift various loads.
– Ensure load integrity and security.
– Lift various loads within the full working range of the truck.
– Keep within safe working parameters.
– Place loads accurately at various recognised landing points.
– Place the truck in an out of service condition.
– Explain the loading and unload procedures on and off a transporter.