HIAB Lorry Loader Training
Who should take this course:
Anyone required to operate aÂ lorry loader.
On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
– State the names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
– Use the operatorâ€²s handbook and other relevant information.
– Complete pre use and running checks of the vehicle and lifting equipment.
– Set the lorry loader and carrier vehicle for site and road travel.
– Manoeuvre the carrier vehicle into position to carry out lifting.
– Set up carrier vehicle to carry out lifts from minimum to maximum radius.
– Select, check and use correct lifting gear for lifting various loads.
– Lift and place loads at varying radii.
– Load a vehicle in accordance with industry practice.
– Secure various loads on the vehicle bed in accordance with industry practice.
– Keep within safe working parameters.