Agricultural Tractor Training
Who should take this course:
Anyone required to operate an agricultural tractor.
On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
– Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and accepted good practice.
– Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
– Control the tractor in forward and reverse directions.
– Attach and detach implements such as the Power Take Off.
– Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & other current relevant legislation.
– An Introduction to the Construction Industry.
– Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
– Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
– Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
– Other current relevant regulations.
– Introduction to machine.
– Pre – shift inspections.
– Controls and instruments.
– Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems.
– Use of the 3 Point Linkage.
– Use of the Power Take Off.
– Reversing the tractor with a trailer.
– Loading and Un-loading.
– The use of mounted implements.