Telescopic Handler Training
Who should take this course:
Experienced operators who need to prove their competency so that they can obtain the qualification.
On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
– State the names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
– Use the operators handbook and other relevant information.
– Complete pre-use and running checks.
– Configure the telescopic handler for site and road travel.
– Travel over rough and undulating terrain including a substantial incline.
– Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction with and without a load.
– Set up the telescopic handler to lift various loads.
– Ensure load integrity and security.
– Transport loads.
– Lift various loads within the full working range of the telescopic handler.
– Keep within safe working parameters.
– Place and retrieve loads accurately at various points.
– Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
– Place the machine in an out of service condition.
– Explain the loading and unload procedures on and off a transporter.