Ride On Roller Training
Who should take this course:
Anyone required to operate a ride on roller.
On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
– Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
– Identify and comply with manufacturer’sâ€² instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
– Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
– Set the roller for site travel.
– Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground.
– Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
– Set the roller for compaction duties.
– Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/personnel management etc.
– Compact different materials to given instructions.
– Compact up to supported and unsupported edges.
– Compact against radii.
– Compact around obstructions.
– Place the roller in an out-of-service condition.
– Recognise compacted and uncompacted areas.
– State conditions that may cause instability of the roller.
– State safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
– Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines.
– Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.