Cherry Picker Training
Who should take this course:
Anyone required to operate a cherry picker.
On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
– State the name of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
– Use the operators handbook and other relevant information.
– Explain all relevant documentation.
– Complete pre use and running checks.
– Carry out emergency lowering procedures.
– Operate controls from ground level and from within the working platform.
– Manoeuvre the MEWP involving tight turns and limited access using forward and reverse.
– Travel the MEWP with the platform in a raised position (self propelled units only).
– Position the platform up to maximum working height.
– Position the platform out to maximum reach.
– Keep within safe working parameters.
– Place the machine in an out of service condition.
– Explain the loading and unload procedures on and off a transporter.