Dump Truck (Articulated Chassis) Training
Who should take this course:
Anyone required to operate a dump truck.
On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
– Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
– Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
– Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
– Set the dump truck for site and road travel.
– Travel the dump truck over differing types of terrain, including rough, undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state.
– Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
– Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
– Position the dump truck to receive loads.
– Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other hazards.
– Comply with loading procedures.
– Ensure load integrity and security.
– Discharge loads into trenches or over edges.
– Place the dump truck in an out of service condition.
– Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.